The ACE Scholarship has been available in the Tascosa Cluster since 2009. This is a fabulous opportunity for students that are a part of the schools that are eligible for the ACE Scholarship. The feeder schools that are currently a part of this program are Wills, San Jacinto, and Bivins Elementary School.
To be eligible for the Tascosa cluster ACE Program students must meet the following:
- Complete 5th grade from Bivins Elementary, San Jacinto Elementary or Wills Elementary.
** The first ACE eligible class completed 5th grade in 2009**
Upon meeting of the above requirements students must then meet the following:
- Enroll at Tascosa High School no later than September 30 of the students Freshman year.
- Sign the ACE pledge (by Sept. 30) along with a parent each year from Freshman to Senior.
- Student must maintain 95% attendance record over the four year period from the beginning of Freshman year to the last day of the school term of Senior year.
- Student must maintain an 85 cumulative grade point average over the four year period from the beginning of Freshman year to the last day of the school term of Senior year.
- Student must take an ACT or SAT.
- Student must remain continuously enrolled at Tascosa High School all four years.
- Student must abide by all rules and regulations set forth in the Student Code of Conduct.
- Student must be a citizen of the United States to be eligible for the ACE funds.
Students will be offered the following services while in high school:
One on one contact to ensure student is on track to graduate
- College visits to both Amarillo College and West Texas A & M University
- Assistance with college admissions and scholarship applications
- Assistance with application process for financial aid
- On campus testing for college placement
- Opportunities for community service
- Semester Newsletter to inform of upcoming events
These are just a few of the services ACE will offer to its students.